Our compensation package is structured to rank in the top tier of Texas programs. An added benefit is that Waco enjoys a cost-of-living index well below the national average with many affordable housing options in reach, including home ownership.
Additional benefits include:
- Employer-covered, personal health insurance (100%)
- Employer-sponsored, shared dependent health insurance (50%)
- Dental insurance
- Cafeteria plan, flexible spending accounts (FSA) – health, dependent care, and premium expenses
- Life and disability insurance – life insurance for 2x annual salary, 4x annual salary for accidental death; disability insurance for 60% of income
- Workers compensation insurance
- Malpractice insurance – Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) coverage
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Certifications: ACLS, NRP, PALS, ALSO, Nexplanon
- Texas medical license reimbursement – prorated
- UpToDate – institutional subscription
- Meals – free conference meals, free hospital meals, on-call meal vouchers
- Free parking
- Dues – AAFP, TMA
- Lab coats and scrubs
*Moving, cell, and laptop allowances apply to fellows new to WFM.
Numerous moonlighting opportunities exist, ranging from our internal acute care clinic to rural emergency rooms. All moonlighting is coordinated by a designated PGY3 Moonlighting Coordinator.